ECLT’s 2018 Annual Report looks back at some of the highlights in the fight against child labour over the past year. Going beyond the numbers we’re sharing the stories of some of our beneficiaries about our sustainable programmes in six countries.
Over the past year ECLT has worked with our implementing partners to support:
- Over 10,500 children to stay in school and out of child labour
- 2 young people to be the first ever youth participation and the UN Forum on Business and human rights
- Over 100 stakeholders come together for the first ever multi-sector partnership against child labour in agriculture.
- More than 4,000 farmers trained to manage risks and make their farms safer places
- 30 villages now have access to clean water through solar irrigation pumps …and much more!
Check out our 2018 Annual Report to hear from Marta and Olman from Guatemala about their experiences speaking at the UN Forum; Nasolo Jaffar a model farm school graduate who is now a young business owner; Service Dramadri who tells us about how a simple solution like a school meal programme is keeping kids in his school and out of the fields; and Gladys Villpo from Malawi who shared “I will become what I have always wanted to be: an educated woman" after she left child labour behind to return to school and now has a brighter future
Looking ahead, the ECLT Foundation will continue to work in close collaboration with other stakeholders to prioritise sustainable solutions for children, farmers and families in tobacco growing areas.
See our highlights for fact and numbers!